It’s been a while since I’ve done a list, and after looking over my blog posts, I realized that I never did a list of my favorite male characters. So without further ado, here they are:
1. Sherlock Holmes: As I’ve said before, I have a special place in my heart for Sherlock Holmes. The original Sherlock Holmes stories were the first adult fiction that I read. Plus he’s a darn good detective.
2. Jack Reacher: I recently blogged about how Jack Reacher has become my go-to for trips on planes. I learned about the character through the movie with Tom Cruise. He’s an anti-hero that I can always count on for a page-turning adventure.
3. Macon Ravenwood: I have to admit that Macon is my latest character-crush. I loved how he cared for his niece, and I know that there is more to his story than I’ve learned so far. I’m itching to read the next in the “Beautiful Creatures” series to see what happens next.
4. Nick Pearson: Nick Pearson isn’t even his real name, and he really shouldn’t be getting involved in the things happening in town. It’s that reluctance along with his shady background that makes him so compelling.
5. Remus Lupin: I’m not sure why I loved Remus Lupin so much. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that he really doesn’t want to be a monster. And he doesn’t deserve to be treated the way he is by the rest of the wizarding world.
6. Severus Snape: Deep down, I always knew which side he was on. Like with Lupin, Snape was misunderstood. He was hated and called a villain. But most of all, he showed me that the most memorable characters don’t get a happy ending even if they deserve it.
7. Lestat: I read the Vampire Chronicles long before I read “Dracula”, so Lestat was my first real glimpse into the world of vampires. He’s truly the Brat Prince. He’s also one of the few characters that literally had me shouting “no!” at a book.
Marius: An ancient vampire from the Vampire Chronicles, he’s always struck me as a way to ground the vampires around him. Plus he’s pretty cool.
9. Cian MacKelter: Cian was the first highlander hero I ever met. He made a huge impression on me. Not only was he a fantastic romantic hero, he had a tortured and mysterious air. That’s always a winner with me.